Pages

.

FitDog Friday- Furry Fun Run

Running is great for your health, and even greater when it combines running with your furry friend, and raising money for a great cause. FitDog Friday is co-hosted by Peggy's Pet Place, Slimdoggy, and our new co-host To Dog With Love! Today I want to share a great idea for getting fit with your dog--a 5k race. And you don't have to be a pro athlete to do it.

Last weekend I attended the Furry Fun Run in Saratoga NY, a 5K race to benefit Peppertree Rescue. This group is near and dear to my heart, because they are the group who found us Brooks. They invited me to join in and sell my books at the event, and I donated a copy of Dieting with my Dog to be awarded in one of the prize baskets as well.

You can run or walk the course, and runners' entry fees helped benefit the rescue group. You didn't need to run with a dog, however more than 200 two-legged runners participated, most along with one or more four-legged companions. Everyone was in a great mood, despite the chilly and wet weather.

The quickest time was a bit over 17 minutes (wow!) and the last runners/walkers came in after about an hour and a half. No matter the time, everyone had fun and got fit with their dogs!












 


































This post is part of FitDog Friday, where every week we share ways people are getting fit and healthy with their pets, tips and news bits, our challenges and successes. I hope you'll join in the hop!
 

Want more, pawsitive pet tips, good news, and special bonuses? Content not already on the blog? Subscribe to my free newsletter.  Kelly and I can't wait to meet you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment