Pages

.

Jeff de la Rosa's Request

I have only followed this story from a distance because it appears complex legally, but also all so unfortunate. This letter from Jeff is heartbreaking. If one of my cats' had been in such a situtaion, I would not have been so laid back as Jeff has been.

I really have no idea why Stu has not been released long ago, but this story had a life even while I was engaged in campaigns with Ron Mason and others, and I think I underserved this story.

July 7, 2009

Linda Barth

Commissioner Tariq Khero, President

Commissioner Kathleen Riordan, Vice President CITY OF LOS ANGELES

DEPT. OF ANIMAL SERVICES

Re: Stu

Dear Commissioners and Ms. Barth :

Please recall that I made a request to have Stu killed by my personal veterinarian at your last Board meeting on June 22, 2009. I have received no response, nor have I received any communication which states that Stu will not be killed, or that the Board has resolved to make any recommendations regarding Stu to the City Council.

While this matter may be of no importance to you, it is very important to me and I would appreciate the courtesy of a response. I understand that it is the practice of your department to ignore requests and correspondence; and that no answer is most often the answer to requests made to your Board and Department. However, in this instance your IMMEDIATE response is requested. I have reserved time on Thursday, July 23 2009 for the vet to carry out this death sentence. I am not available on any other day.

To repeat, I am requesting that Stu be killed by my own vet and in my presence. Any officer may also be present. I choose Helen Brakemeir as she would certainly be the officer whom would be most satisfied by attending the death of Stu. I would also like to have Stu cremated and have made arrangements for this to be done immediately following the execution of Mr. Stuckey destruction order. Obviously, I understand that your department will want to transfer the remains. I am confident that you will deem this request as reasonable under the circumstances. Please be informed that you will have Stus body rendered over my dead body.

Regarding fees owed for Stus boarding and (lack of ) care for the period prior to his transfer to Bobby Dorafshar, please include with your response a statement of the charges due.


No comments:

Post a Comment