Pages

.

FitDog Friday- Dock Diving Lab

Wednesday I wrote about a Japanese artist who illustrated one of my stories about a girl and a horse. The illustrations are unique and amazing. Now I'd like you to meet another artist with a very different style, who has created an absolutely gorgeous painting of one of my dogs. The artist, Margery Caggiano, has entitled the 24 x 36 inch oil on linen painting, "Hi Mom!"






















I love her use of colors, the reflection in the water, and the misty, peaceful feel of the moment. I am honored to have Hudson's memory preserved in this beautiful painting.

The dog is our yellow lab Hudson, who is now over the rainbow bridge. Hudson used to love to swim, and at the time we frequently visited my in-laws cabin in the New York Adirondack's Brant Lake. We would throw floating toys and Hudson would jump off the dock with delight. He was a strong swimmer and enjoyed the water even when the weather turned chilly. We snapped this photo of Hudson and it ended up one day on my blog.


















Artist Margery Caggiano saw the photo and requested my permission to use Hudson as a model for a painting. She changed the background to the San Domingo Creek in St. Michaels, MD. The result is stunning.

Margery Caggiano is an instructor at The Academy Art Museum in Easton MD. Her paintings are in more than 300 private and public collections. The painting will be on display during the Easton (MD) Waterfowl Festival, November 8-10.



Join the FitDog Friday blog hop, hosted by Peggy's Pet Place, Slimdoggy, and To Dog with Love. *Link up any of your posts about health and fitness for dogs. Previous posts are just fine. The more fit dogs the merrier!








Want more positive pet tips, good news, and special offers? Fetch my free newsletter, Pawsitively Pets. Kelly and Ike hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment