Pages

.

Am I crazy about dogs...or just crazy?

You'd think I'd be excited when a friend told me, "I just read a book, and it mentions your book!"

Well I was excited...except the book is called Rabid: Are you crazy about your dog or just crazy? What on earth did this author, Pamela Redmond Satran say about my book? Does she think I'm....crazy?





















Satran's book description states, "Rabid holds a humorous mirror up to our dog-centered society,  helping us laugh at our own behavior, and at the even-more-insane antics of all those other dog people." Curiosity got the best of me and I finally decided that I had to order a copy of the book and see what it said.

I found my entry on page 84 in the chapter Arts and Entertainment. Satran states, "There's an endless appetite for dog books, one that writers and publishers are only too eager to keep filling. (Imagine!) Some of the subjects new to the shelves:" She then lists more than a dozen books--Reiki for Dogs; Dog-Friendly Gardening; Dog, Inc.; and....Dieting with my Dog!

Phew! She doesn't think I'm crazy!
I don't think.
The author doesn't really make judgements. The book simply lists current and popular dog products, accessories, services and treatments, including:
pawdicures
creative haircuts
fashion and costumes
dog resorts
treats such as foie gras flavored ice cream
doggie day care
websites such as Dogster, Dogbook, and Life with Dogs
 instructions on how to knit a sweater from your dog's fur

Where the author feels the line is drawn between crazy about our dogs...or just crazy...I'm not sure. 
What do you think--is there a line? Is there anything you feel might be over the top? Do your friends or loved ones suspect you might be a bit over the top yourself?

Want PAWsitive pet tips, good news and special bonuses? Content not already on the blog? Fetch our free newsletter! Kelly and I can't wait to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment