Pages

.

Pointer and Counterpointer- Dog Costumes



Today I'm unveiling a new feature, where my two dog pals, Pointer and Counterpointer, will discuss two sides of current hot issues.

Question: Should you dress up your pet for Halloween?

POINTER: Of course! Every year my family makes a big deal out of Halloween, so why shouldn’t I join in the fun? I get to go to the pet parade and see all the other dogs in their costumes, and it’s great for the whole family. Not only that, the lady of the house dresses me up all the time. I love any attention, so if she wants to fuss over me and put me in a pink tutu, why not? Plus, the winter gets cold in these parts and I don’t mind the extra warmth of a quilted jacket or sweater. I even get a nice raincoat when it’s wet. So give me a break and don’t laugh at me. Halloween costumes are for fun. And dressing me up in outfits the rest of the year gives others pleasure, so that makes me happy too. 



COUNTERPOINTER: Give me a break! Have you seen the faces of those poor schmoes in crazy costumes? Dressing up an animal up takes away our dignity. Why don’t you try walking with a princess dress dragging between your paws!? Costumes make us trip and fall, cause us to overheat or even choke us with those dangly strings. As for the rest of the year, real dogs don’t wear funny hats. And don’t give me that bull about keeping us warm. Dogs and cats have furry coats for a reason. We’re not mini people, so stop treating us that way. How about buying me a toy or a healthy treat instead?

Where do you stand? Bark out!

No comments:

Post a Comment