Pages

.

Michael Bell Supports Barnette

I have, like most of you, tried to work with our appointed GM's for the past 30 years.. with little success except for the kind and generous late Dan Knapp.

We now have an opportunity to change the history of hostility between LAAS staff and the rescue community with the appointment of Brenda Barnette.
I am aware that not everyone in this community believes as I do that Ms Barnette is committed to many of the same ideals as us, and they are certainly welcome to their opinions...however, predicated on her success in Seattle, the overwhelming support she received from her staff and volunteers in Seattle and the reports that ADL ( not always in tandem with my approach to dissent I might mention,) has garnered from those who have worked with and for her, I am willing to trust Councilman Koretz' choice of Mayor's Villaraigosa appointment and throw my support behind her. I hope the rest of the community will do the same. She will need your input and your energy to turn this department around.

We must give her a chance to do that."
 
Michael Bell 

No comments:

Post a Comment