Pages

.

My Other Blogs and Me

I have not been active on this blog lately.


A lot has been happening in my life and I have been thinking a lot. 


My 92 year old mother has been hospitalized with a serious illness twice in 5 months, and my 88 year old mother in law fell and fractured her hip requiring surgery a day ago. Someone called a City agency claiming I was feeding sick and dead feral cats in my back yard. When I heard about the complaint, I requested an immediate inspection by Animal Services and no feral or excess cats were found.


I have another blog, a spiritual blog. My background is as a Zen monk and then I spent years with many spiritual teachers, including two very well known Advaita Vedanta teachers, Robert Adams and jean Dunn. The blog is: http://itisnotreal.blogspot.com. I also have a spiritual website at: http://itisnotreal.com which is huge with lots of free stuff for seekers. 


I recently wrote a book on enlightenment and meditation (downloadable for free at: http://itisnotreal.com/Autobiography%20of%20a%20Jnani.pdf.


This blog is doing amazingly well, with 250-300 visitors a day recently, and almost 10,000 visitors in February. The blog and my website are being translated into Italian: http://itisnotreal.net, and the book is now being printed in India and is being translated into Hindi, Italian and French by various students of mine in India and Europe. It is really a quite powerful book recording the discoveries of one of my students as set forth in our correspondence.


I feel there is a negative change in the US. Something is deeply wrong and I don't know what to do about it. Animals seem to be abused and killed as much now as ever before and I don't think this LA animal blog has helped solve that problem much. I hear the U.S. may actually be sponsoring whaling again. Obama has been a disappointment, appearing to be a Democrat in name only, and apparently made a deal backing the whaling renewal. Not to mention the broken promise of adopting a shelter dog.


So I am thinking about what to do now. What is the best approach to take, whether to devote more time to the spiritual sites and writing about meditation and self-realization, hoping thereby to indirectly help the animals, or to make this blog have a different focus.


Much rests locally on who will become the new GM of Animal Services. If we get the right person, there COULD BE major changes for the better. If we get another Ed Boks, there will just be more of the same ad infinitum. Right now I can have no impact on that process and I await the results as do all of you. 


If we get a good person, hopefully I can be an advocate for positive change, and vice versa if we get another clunker.


If you want to leave a comment as to what you think, please do.





No comments:

Post a Comment