Pages

.

Longcore Refuses to Meet Scientists Re His Recommendation to Kill Ferals

Longcore of Urban Wildlands refuses to meet with feral cat colony advocates. He says it’s a waste of time, his mind is made up. He wants cats “removed” from the urban environment.

Epidemiologist feral cat advocate to Travis Longcore:

I don't know what the City will do next.  But as I said in my previous email, I would be happy to discuss with you the evidence regarding the possible environmental and public health impact of managed feral cat colonies and the effects of TNR programs.

Longcore’s response:

I appreciate your offer of discussing the literature, but I doubt that it would be particularly fruitful.  My colleagues and I have given this a great deal of thought over many years and it is likely we come at this issue from a different perspective than you do.  It is unlikely that either of us will change each others minds about the underlying value judgements that inform any decision about how to manage feral cats.  
                                        --------------

I repeat, longcore’s solution of removing 50% of the feral cat population is a demand for death for over 1,000,000 cats in Los Angeles and double that in the County.

Tell Mr. Longcore what you think of him. Urban Wildlands has gotten off scott-free in the process, and the City and Ed Boks took the fall when they promoted TNR.


(310) 247-9719



9401 Wilshire Blvd, Ste 1250

Beverly Hills, CA 90212-2945
(310) 273-7474

No comments:

Post a Comment