Pages

.

Pasadena Humane Trashes Donations. Only 10 Dogs There, Not 150


Psadena Humane may be a Boks-Like scam. They put out a plea for help:

URGENT URGENT URGENT - shelter completely out of space! 70+ dogs alone taken in last night due to fires, bringing the total up to 150+ dogs. In addition they asked for money. Then they claimed they took in 300 animals.

CLICK TO ENLARGE PHOTO

However, when a rescuer went today, he found:

1. "There were ten dogs, two kittens and a rabbit. Later someone said cats were upstairs and sent a pic. I believe there were some cats upstairs. Their pleas for help now are for money only as per their website. I saw huge donations of pallets of food, those new carriers. They put some food in the trash. Those are carriers, toys, clean towels and blankets in bags in the trash. I took them. I asked two people and they said it was trash. They have tons of storage room. They could have kept these things and given them to others."


"I walked around the shelter and their evac room had ten dogs in it. They said they had 100, nope. I took pics .They kept expensive wire dog crates which were donated but threw the plastic ones in the trash, even new ones. I took all the small and medium sized ones, told friends to take the dog crates, probably 20-30. When I got home I saw the name of a rescue group on three new medium sized carriers. I thought maybe I should call. They had just dropped off those new carriers that morning. They were so pissed Pasadena threw them in the trash. They called pasadena and they said they threw broken, torn carriers in the trash. These carriers had price tags still on them, new. I returned those three carriers to the rescue group but kept the rest. I also got new blankets, towels, dog food from the dumpster. Such a fucking waste! They had tons and tons of storage area. I had no idea they have huge banquet rooms in the shelter, huge huge storage areas, empty. They could have kept them and given them to other groups. That shelter could easily hold four times the number of animals. If you ever go, drive down the alley, park in back, wander through the shelter's back rooms."

Another rescuer wrote:

2. "They asked for donations of carriers, food, toys, money. They took the money but threw the rest in the trash. They sent out a plea saying they were overloaded with pets and wildlife. I didn't see any wildlife except one bobcat."

These emails are from very reliable sources. I have asked for more photos and will post when they arrive. I assume the dog photos are the only evacuated dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment